Sunday, January 29, 2012

Painterly Flowers

So this is what I've been up to lately....this kind of restless energy painting. I've always loved bright, bold, contrasting colors. But this style of painting, bold, stylized shapes are coming from my need to express. I never considered myself a realist painter.....never. I like for painting to feel whimsical and bright with layers showing dimension, shadows, how it really is before my eyes....seen in nature somewhat.....but this is different. It feels more like motifs you'd see on the design of a pillow, window treatment.....fabric design. Whatever it is, after 13 years of painting professionally, it is a surprise God gave to me because I am just loving the process. Thanks for reading! And try doing something creative....:). Share with a friend!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks thomas 334.....mystery solved....I was wondering who that was.....norply...thomas....I was thinking it was my Uncle Tom from Florida....hehe!!! Love to you on this gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete